Shindig National Tour, 29th April - 26th May 1965
Below, pictures taken by Michael Ochs on the "Shindig" national package tour of the U.S.A., 29th April - 26th May, 1965 - three AC100 SDLs on stage. It seems unlikely that these amps belonged to Gerry and the Pacemakers and had been shipped from England for (or by) the band to use in the States. In all probability they were supplied for this leg of the tour by Thomas Organ.
Pictures from Getty Images.
Advert for the Philadelphia show, 21st May 1965.
With a little delving, it may be possible to identify the venue in the Ochs pictures above - perhaps New York, Academy of Music (14th-16th May). For further details of the various legs of the Shindig package tours, see this page.
The various dates on this leg of the tour, Gerry and the Pacemakers headlining, were:
29. FORT WAYNE Coliseum.
30. CINCINNATI Gardens.
1. COLUMBUS, Veteran's Memorial Auditorium.
2. DETROIT, Cobo Arena.
3. LANSING, Civic Center.
4. YOUNGSTOWN, Stamburgh Auditorium.
5. TOLEDO, Sports Arena.
6. GRAND RAPIDS.
7. CHARLESTON, Civic Center.
8. PITTSBURGH, Syria Mosque.
10. NEW HAVEN, Bushnell Auditorium.
12. WALPOLE, Four Seasons Arena.
13. WASHINGTON Coliseum.
14-16. NEW YORK, Academy of Music.
18. ROCHESTER, War Memorial Auditorium.
20. PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island Auditorium.
21. PHILADELPHIA, Hotel Philadelphia Ballroom.
23. BALTIMORE, Civic Center.
25. VIRGINA BEACH.
26. BECKLEY, Raleigh County Armory.